International Services

The Tampa Office of International Services is now located in BEH 255. Please see our contact page for more details and the new walk-in schedule for services.

New Student FAQs

How do I pay my tuition?
Full payment of tuition is due by the fifth day of classes after which a student’s enrollment is cancelled if payment is not made. Students do not receive a formal bill, but can access their bill using the OASIS account.

If your bill is paid by an outside agency (government sponsor or other third party sponsor), be sure your scholarship agency notifies the University in advance by letter stating the amount and length of time of the award and who to bill for tuition. Keep the original copy in case the immigration officer at the port-of-entry or the University Cashier’s Office requests it.

If you need to make a payment from an institution outside the US, USF has partnered with Flywire to allow secure payments from almost any country and any bank, typically in your home currency.  By making your payment with Flywire, you can track your payments from start to finish, save on bank fees and exchange rates, and access their multilingual customer support team with any questions. For complete details, go to the International Payments page, or visit  

Do I need to attend an orientation?
Undergraduate students must sign up for and attend an orientation prior to the start of the semester.   Visit the Orientation website for information on dates and sign up procedures.  There are separate orientations for First Year (freshman) and Transfer (2nd year on above) students.   Graduate students should contact their department for information about department orientation.  The Graduate and Professional Student Council and the Graduate School host an orientation for incoming graduate students. Visit the New Graduate Student Orientation website for more details.

When should I arrive to begin school at USF?
F-1 and J-1 students may enter the US up to 30 days prior to the first day of the semester.  We recommend that all students arrive to USF at least one week prior to the first day of the semester.  This gives students time to attend the International Services check-in, the final orientation sessions, and to avoid late registration fees.   Graduate students with university assistantships should plan to arrive one week prior to the start date on the official university offer letter. 

What are the requirements for starting in the Summer?
F-1 students beginning a new program in the Summer term must enroll full-time for that summer session. In order to maintain your immigration status, when starting in the summer semester, if it is your first semester (Undergraduates starting in Summer A/C are required to be at 9 credit hours and 6 credit hours if starting in Summer B. Graduate students are required to be at 6 credit hours and must start in A/C only). Please meet with an International Services Advisor if you feel that dropping below full-time is necessary to discuss options and implications for your immigration status.  NOTE: If you drop without permission you risk status termination.

Can I arrive after the beginning of courses?
Students must report to the university by the first day of the semester.  If you are unable to report by the first day of the semester, you should contact the admission office to defer your admission to the next available term.

Can all visa types attend school?
In general, most visas allow for part-time/full time study.  Visa types that are prohibited by US immigration law from studying are B1/B2, and F2. USF does not issue M-1 visas.

Where can I find more information about student visas?
We encourage you to visit the U.S. Department of State website for more information on the rules and regulations about student visas.

When will I be able to meet with an International Advisor?
As soon as you are admitted to USF, we will be happy to meet with you to discuss your immigration needs and concerns. Our services are reserved for admitted students only.

Upcoming Events
Starting Your Adventure with the Global Citizens Project (GCP) and Peace Corps Prep!
Mon. Oct 21
Click Here>>
Möller-Fraticelli Guitar Duo
Mon. Oct 21
Click Here>>
An Ever-Closer Union? Internal and External Challenges to European Integration
Tue. Oct 22
Click Here>>
Peace Corps: Story Slam with Returned Peace Corps Volunteers at the Boba House!
Tue. Oct 22
Click Here>>
USF International Risk & Security Symposium
Wed. Oct 30
Click Here>>