USF World News
Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program Spring 2012 Online Application Open
September 9, 2011
The 10th anniversary of the Gilman Scholarship Program is here and is launching a new application system that will streamline the application process. The online application for students studying abroad in the Spring 2012 term is now open. The USF National Scholarship Office is ready to assist students with the application and the USF Education Abroad Office can assist students in identifying a location for study.
Spring 2012 online applications are due October 4, 2011
For students applying for any academic term (Academic Year, Fall, Spring or Summer) please find the eligibility requirements below:
* Enrolled as an undergraduate student at a two or four-year U.S. Institution
* United States citizen
* Receiving a Federal Pell Grant at the time of application or during the term of study abroad
* Participating in a study abroad program that is no less than 4 weeks (28 days) in one country and no more than an academic year
* Receiving academic credit
* Study in any country not currently under a U.S. State Department Travel Warning or Cuba
For more information about the Gilman Scholarship please visit the Gilman website at http://www.iie.org/en/Programs/Gilman-Scholarship-Program.